At GoGrid, we are often asked to provide solutions for a variety of use cases. More often than not, businesses are not looking for “standard” cloud implementations. And what really is “standard?” When you think about it, every business has unique needs in order to satisfy their cloud challenges. We help companies craft these solutions daily and we call it Creating a Cloud Fingerprint. But, as is the nature of cloud computing, many users desire to figure it out themselves, simply because solutions can be architected fairly easily, and if it isn’t quite right, they can be modified.
In our regular discussions with companies looking for information on how they can benefit from cloud Infrastructure as a Service, we often come across the same set of hurdles, namely:
- Most established companies have an existing infrastructure investment, and may not be willing or able to sacrifice these investments,
- Some infrastructure components may not be generally available through IaaS vendors, such as Enterprise security or storage infrastructure,
- Some applications or data will be deemed “too sensitive” for the cloud due to internal objections or compliance constraints,
- Maintaining and growing an on-premise solution or even data center is not only difficult, but extremely expensive,
- Doing a full migration to the cloud comes with a very high conversion and operational cost,
- Business simply are unsure as to how to best leverage cloud computing.
With these challenges in mind, we have a solution that allows business not only to utilize their existing infrastructure, but also leverage GoGrid’s public cloud to create a Virtual Private Cloud on GoGrid.
But, addressing the points above is critical in the solution. Therefore, we wanted to be sure:
- Customers could retain their existing infrastructure,
- GoGrid’s platform is used as an EXTENSION of that infrastructure,
- GoGrid’s customers have a wide range of network security options/policies available,
- Customers are able to fully leverage the advantages of cloud infrastructure, and the elimination of capital expenditures and their associated resource costs,
- A customer can fully utilize their existing infrastructure investment.