Have you been looking for the best of both worlds? I’m talking specifically to Hosting. There are some things that simply run better within a dedicated server environment and others that are much more optimized for running in the Cloud. When you have a background in Hosting (colocation, managed and the cloud), you have the ability to offer products that none of the other Cloud or Dedicated providers can provide. That is, the ability to connect across infrastructures: Dedicated Managed Servers (ServePath) and Cloud Infrastructure (GoGrid).
Shortly, we will be releasing a new service called “Cloud Connect” which essentially combines the elasticity of Cloud Computing with the customization of dedicated servers in one unified solution. Cloud Connect utilizes a secure megabit private network to connect your Cloud Web and Application servers (your front end environment) with customized dedicated database servers (back end environment).
Some benefits and uses on using a Hybrid Infrastructure using “Cloud Connect”:
- Cloud Servers give you the flexibility to quickly scale web and application servers to meet swings in demand
- Use a Secure VPN to administer your database servers
- Quickly deploy Web or Application Clouds to handle spikes in Internet traffic
- Dedicated Database servers ensure that you have the I/O (Input/Output) throughput needed to run a high performance database
- Cloud Storage allows you to have an infinitely scalable storage service for backing up critical data from your Cloud environment
Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? Well it is! This is something that no other hosting provider is currently offering that we know of. Of course, you can try your own solution using different providers, but that just adds time and complexity to your infrastructure build-out.