John Willis just produced an Interesting podcast with Michael Crandell (CEO of RightScale). In this podcast, John interviews Michael about RightScale’s recent announcement of the GoGrid/RightScale partnership as well as other partnerships and ideas.
More info on the GoGrid/RightScale partnership can be seen here.
If I could sum up the podcast, it would be how RightScale (with a partnership with GoGrid and others) are delivering the “on-ramp” to allow companies to migrate to the Cloud and provide portability to the cloud by providing a multi-hosted cloud infrastructure.
The podcast can be heard here. Highlights, according to John are:
- Services is key to the clouds
- No Windows support at this time (ed. note: Windows Server 2003/2008 in the Cloud is currently available on GoGrid)
- Infrastructure cloud partners
- Clarification on Rackspace/Mosso
- RightScale and Eucalyptus Wasup?
- Changes to the RightScale Business Model