Let’s say that you have fully configured a Cloud Server running on GoGrid. You’re so proud of your achievement that you want to share your configuration with your team or perhaps even with the GoGrid community. And let’s imagine that you or your company has developed a software solution that you’d like to monetize within a Public Cloud. Well, the process of creating and sharing a GoGrid Cloud Server Image (GSI) is easy and literally takes just a few minutes.
Similar to our previous “How To” article and video (“How to Select, Configure, & Deploy a GoGrid Cloud Server in Minutes”), the process of creating a GSI is straightforward and can be simplified into 3 easy steps:
Before I show you how easy it is to create a GoGrid Cloud Server Image, here are some ways you might use it:
- To reduce setup and configuration times for new servers
- To enable rapid horizontal scaling of servers
- To create a back-up repository of your GoGrid servers
- To share your server configuration with your team for future cloud deployments
- To monetize a software solution