Team GoGrid, for a second consecutive year, stands on the top of the podium after again being recognized as a “Champion” by Info-Tech Research Group. In the recently released Info-Tech report, “Vendor Landscape: Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service” —full version available here for download—GoGrid was listed among an elite set of cloud infrastructure providers that also includes Amazon, AT&T, HP, iland, Rackspace, and Terremark.
Over several months, the analysts and researchers at Info-Tech evaluated numerous cloud infrastructure providers via surveys, pricing scenarios, reference clients, briefings, and product demos, and then scored each vendor in eight categories: Features, Usability, Affordability, Architecture, Viability, Strategy, Reach, and Channel. The first four categories were grouped as “Product Evaluation Criteria” and the second set of four as “Vendor Evaluation Criteria.” Each category was weighted slightly differently, as you can see below:
After calculating scores based on the above 8 categories, each provider’s evaluated solution was then plotted on a 2×2 matrix broken into 4 “Zones” (as outlined in the “Methodology” section of the report):
- Champions: Both the product and the vendor receive scores that are above the average score for the evaluated group.
- Innovators: The product receives a score that is above the average score for the evaluated group, but the vendor receives a score that is below the average score for the evaluated group.
- Market Pillars: The product receives a score that is below the average score for the evaluated group, but the vendor receives a score that is above the average score for the evaluated group.
- Emerging Players: Both the product and the vendor receive scores that are below the average score for the evaluated group.
The end result of this analysis was placement in one of the Zones listed above. Here’s a preview from the report:
If you’d like to see how all these vendors stacked up, please download the full Info-Tech Landscape report. In it, you’ll find:
- Vendor Strengths & Weaknesses by the 8 categories listed earlier
- Info-Tech’s Cloud IaaS Value Index for each vendor
- Harvey Ball evaluation of vendor features, specifically:
- Services and Pricing Tiers
- Transition Support Services
- Hybrid Cloud Offerings
- Breadth of Hybrid Offerings
- Availability and Recovery
- Network Management
- Advanced SLA
- Extensive Template Library
- Multiple OS Options
- Advanced Granular Access
- Details on each vendor, including Strengths, Challenges, and Recommendations
Although we haven’t paused to run a victory lap, we’re sure honored to be among this year’s “Champions.”
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013