“What are the benefits of cloud computing?”
Easy question to answer, right? Cost savings. Increased performance. Scalability. The list goes on…
While these are great benefits of cloud computing, I’d argue that the most important aspect of Infrastructure-as-a-Service is the flexibility and versatility of the platform. Why? Because no two companies share identical IT environments – every company is unique and has unique infrastructure needs – and the cloud allows for flexibility and uniqueness. This is your Cloud Fingerprint.
The Cloud Fingerprint is the distinctive identifying characteristic of your IT environment. Your Operating System, the applications craft and use, how your infrastructure is networked, compliance requirements, database type/usage and peak usage times are all components of your Cloud Fingerprint. Knowing this will help you build an IT environment tailored to your specific needs.
The first step to truly benefiting from cloud computing is to build an environment that is fully customized to your specific needs. That’s why GoGrid is helping companies all over the world discover their Cloud Fingerprint. If you’re interested in learning what infrastructure best suits your business, we have several ways for you to connect with a GoGrid Cloud Expert:
- Stop by our booth at the Sys-Con Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA. GoGrid Cloud Experts will be in booth #709 ready to help with your Cloud Fingerprint. Getting your Cloud Fingerprint also enters you for a chance to win a MacBook Air! Sys-Con Cloud Expo: November 7 – 10, 2011. Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA.
- Connect with one of our Cloud Experts online by filling out the Cloud Fingerprint Checklist or by participating in a Live Chat.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013