As mentioned within The Wall Street Journal yesterday, GoGrid has a new Cloud service offering, namely a Hosted Private Cloud for enterprises and corporations. GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud provides a private, secure and dedicated infrastructure environment with all of the benefits of cloud computing, leveraging the powerful technology and management layers of our public cloud, GoGrid.com. What sets it apart from other “Private Clouds” in the marketplace is that it is run and managed by GoGrid, effectively converting CapEx to OpEx and eliminating costly expenses typically associated with in-house data center build-outs and management. GoGrid Hosted Private Clouds are dedicated to single corporations and with all of the characteristics of cloud computing: self-service, on-demand, managed via a portal or API, and scalable.
The GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud is:
- Secure – delivering state-of-the-art security and protection within a non-shared environment
- Private – a cloud environment dedicated to a single company with unmatched computing performance of our public cloud
- Lower Cost – with no Capital Expenditure, the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud is a pay-as-you-go Operating Expense
Read more about the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud on our website.
The following Press Release is now available on the GoGrid site:
GoGrid First to Deliver Hosted Private Cloud Infrastructure Leveraging Proven Public Cloud Technology
Leading Cloud Provider offers the ability to create and manage private cloud infrastructure via a dedicated platform
San Francisco, Calif., – January 19, 2011 – GoGrid, a leading cloud infrastructure company, today announced the introduction of an enterprise-grade hosted private cloud solution — a revolutionary advancement in cloud computing built for enterprises, service providers, financial institutions and businesses in other key verticals. The GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud offers the award-winning capabilities of GoGrid’s public cloud in a completely dedicated and secure environment – all with no hardware procurement or resource sharing.
Contrary to other “private cloud” offerings available in the marketplace, GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud service delivers on the true value of cloud computing by converting capital expenditures to operating expenses, ensuring that infrastructure components can be deployed in a self-service, pay-as-you-go model, and ultimately providing scalable programmatic Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Most importantly, GoGrid’s solution is a hosted and managed environment running on dedicated hardware for each enterprise which means there are no costly and time-consuming data center environments to set up and maintain.
“The GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud has excellent security, reliability and is easy to deploy,” said Lee Cardona, director, CSI for Orange Business Services. “We are happy to use their infrastructure, with their top level of technical support and industry-leading SLAs, as an embedded component of our customized service management solution we are offering our multinational customers.”
Built with proven technology and best-in-class features, the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud provides many benefits including:
- Dedicated Solution – GoGrid’s highly-secure solution is dedicated to each customer and includes hardware, software, and networking. There is no sharing of compute, storage or local (Layer 2) networking resources which means that all levels of data, server integrity and security are fully ensured.
- True Cloud Computing Characteristics – GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud adheres to the critical characteristics of cloud computing including no capital expenditure, complete self-service and control, a pay-as-you-go model, and vertical and horizontal scalability of on-demand infrastructure, all as a maintenance-free offering.
- No Expensive Hardware or Software Costs – No additional purchases and upgrades are required as enhancements are automatically included with the service offering.
- Near Real-Time Implementation – Unlike other private cloud or software virtualization offerings, the GoGrid Private Cloud can be delivered quickly. There is no lengthy waiting period for hardware to be requisitioned, configured and deployed because the GoGrid solution is specifically built for quick and easy adoption.
- High Performance Cloud Technology – GoGrid’s Cloud technology has been benchmarked by numerous 3rd parties as a top performer in a variety of measurement tests including I/O, CPU and other pertinent metrics. GoGrid provides this same high-performance infrastructure within the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud.
- “Cloud Bursting” Capabilities – allows for the seamless integration to the GoGrid Public Cloud for additional on-demand capacity.
According to Ted Chamberlin, Research Vice President at Gartner, “Enterprise adoption of cloud computing is accelerating but many find that hurdles exist in pure public or private cloud models. Hybrid cloud models including hosted private cloud offerings will stimulate adoption by bridging the gap between current and future cloud-based IT infrastructure requirements. Enterprises require tighter security controls, rigorous auditability, and predictable management of cloud computing services and hosted private clouds provide the means to do so.”
The new GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud includes flexible management tools that enable customers to have complete control of their infrastructure. With enterprise IT and finance departments in mind, the sub-account and chargeback capabilities provide usage transparency and controls preventing “server sprawl,” allowing customers to hold individual employees and business units accountable for infrastructure consumption within their organization. Enterprise businesses can easily understand and manage costs associated with their private cloud implementation and more easily forecast and plan future resource allocation and usage.
“I am proud that our Hosted Private Cloud is yet another GoGrid pioneering market introduction that helps enterprise IT organizations execute their cloud computing plans,” said John Keagy, chief executive officer and co-founder at GoGrid. “GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud is the first infrastructure solution that delivers the complete set of benefits and features expected from a public cloud computing environment – on private, dedicated hardware. Our customers realize that service offerings that only deploy dedicated hardware powered by virtualization software don’t deliver on the true benefits of cloud computing and are cost prohibitive.”
More information about GoGrid’s Private Cloud offering is available on the GoGrid Web site at http://privatecloud.gogrid.com.
Thousands of leading IT experts choose and rely on GoGrid’s Cloud infrastructure services. GoGrid enables sysadmins, developers, and IT professionals to create, deploy, and control cloud environments and complex virtual and physical server networks with full administrative control. GoGrid’s industry standard specifications and robust service offerings are powering thousands of businesses globally to achieve previously unrealized efficiencies. Deploying a GoGrid infrastructure solution using a Standard or Partner Server Image, free hardware F5 load balancing, Cloud Storage, private VLANs and much more takes minutes via a web interface, API, or iPhone application. GoGrid provides users the control and advanced capabilities of a data center environment with the flexibility and immediate scalability of the cloud. www.GoGrid.com
If you are interested in receiving more information on GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud, please contact one of our Cloud Specialists.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013