Have you ever wondered what this “new” term “NOSQL” means? Is it something that you need to seriously look at when you are crafting your cloud environment? Is it a viable alternative to MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostreSQL or other database applications? Do you even know how to get started with it?
If any of the questions above left you scratching your head AND you are in the Silicon Valley on October 26th, you might want to head over to the following meetup “A NOSQL Evening in Palo Alto“.
Many industry experts are saying that NOSQL will be or is the database of choice for Cloud Computing because of its scalability and ability to handle data-intensive applications better. Many popular websites that are high-traffic or deliver lots of rich media are adopting and re-architecting their infrastructures to take advantage of NOSQL.
From the Event Page:
Tim Anglade (founder, A NOSQL Summer), hosts a 2-hour discussion and Q&A with representatives from some of the most prominent NOSQL vendors and projects. The topics will look back on the origins of the movement and its growing pains, discuss the current technological & business states, as well as look ahead to the opportunities for improvement and expansion.
So if you ever wanted to hear the lessons learned by an emerging tech industry, or wanted to have an inside look into the non-relational revolution, come join us for a unique evening at beautiful Dinah’s Garden Hotel, in Palo Alto, California.
Confirmed Panel Participants, by alphabetical order
- 10gen: Roger Bodamer — SVP, Products and Engineering
- Basho: Andy Gross — Vice President of Engineering
- CouchOne (formerly CouchIO): Mikeal Rogers — Employee Number One
- Cloudant: Mike Miller — Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
- GoGrid: Paul Lancaster — Business Development Manager
- InfiniteGraph: Warren Davidson — Director, Business Development and Strategic Alliances
- NorthScale: James Phillips — Co-Founder and Senior Vice President, Products
- Riptano: Jonathan Ellis — Founder
- Scality: Randy Parker — Sr. Director, North America
We’re running out of space on the panel but many other NOSQL project leaders and executives will be in the audience, including the CEOs of Neo4J and InfoGrid. Each company with also have several additional team members in attendance at the evening.
Space is limited, please RSVP in advance.
Date: Tuesday, October 26
Time: 6PM-10:30 PM (Pacific)
Dinah’s Garden Hotel
4261 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA
- 6:00pm: Doors open. Mingle over drinks and appetizers.
- 7:00-9:30pm: Discussion and Q&A with the panel with a break in the middle (coffee, fruit and cookies will be available at the break).
- 9:30-?: Trader Vic’s is literally feet away from the conference room. We’ll be hosting a dinner there for the panelists and special guests, but you’re welcome to join us in the restaurant (just let us know in advance, so we can reserve more tables for you).
This might be a really great meetup to attend if you are looking at Cloud Computing and databases therein.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013