On Wednesday, we held a webinar titled: “Load Balancing in the GoGrid Cloud – Utilizing F5 BIG IP to Manage Traffic Spikes & Uptime“. As with previous webinars, we wanted to make this GoGrid webinar public to other users in case you were not able to attend.
The agenda of the webinar was as follows:
- Overview of GoGrid and F5 Networks
- Load balancing with GoGrid and F5 BIG IP
- Benefits of load balancing overview
- Use cases
- Best practices
- Question and Answer Session
As mentioned previously, if you aren’t using a load balanced solution in your Cloud infrastructure, you may be putting your site or services at risk. Here are some reasons why you should seriously consider using GoGrid’s FREE F5 load balancing service within the GoGrid cloud:
- You can prevent application downtime – when you have more than one server in a load balanced environment, you can rest assured that if one of those servers happens to become unavailable, traffic to your site is automatically redirected to the other available server(s).
- Scaling infrastructure – without a load balancer in place, it can be difficult to scale up (or down) your infrastructure.
- 1-2-3 Process – deploying a load balancer on GoGrid is just a matter of filling out a form and once you configure it, your new load balancer is available in minutes.
- Moving beyond the “Free” offering – we have solutions that go beyond the standard load balancing offering within GoGrid. If your routing needs are more complex, we are here to help!
If you were unable to attend this webinar, the complete recording is available below as well as on our Vimeo channel:
The presentation that was used in the webinar is also available on our Slideshare channel:
If you are looking for a Load Balancing solution in the cloud, definitely consider GoGrid’s free F5 load balancing service. If your needs go beyond what is offered for free, you can contact a GoGrid Sales Representative or if you are a current GoGrid customer, you can talk with your Dedicated Service Team and work on some more advanced solutions.
If there are any other topics you would like covered in a future webinar from GoGrid, please let me know.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013