We at GoGrid are excited to introduce you to the latest version of GoGrid! (Perhaps you already saw the “Sneak Peak” article I posted earlier.) After several months of planning, developing, implementing, testing, deploying and wiping the sweat off of our collective brows, we present to you, GoGrid 3.0.
This post will not be about the nitty-gritty details of the release as there will be several other posts that touch on all of the activities going on at GoGrid. To provide some guidance though, here’s what I’m going to briefly cover:
- New GoGrid Product Site
- Webinar for New GoGrid Customers
- High-level Overview of GoGrid 3.0 Features
- Copy of Press Release on GoGrid 3.0
There are many ways to get more information about this release and what it can do for you as someone shopping for Cloud Infrastructure or already using the GoGrid Cloud. One of the best ways is to talk to a GoGrid Sales Representative as they have great ways to choose the right GoGrid infrastructure solution for you. You can call them at: 1.877.946.4743 (US & Canada) or 1.415.869.7444 (Worldwide). Or we typically have 24×5 Live Sales Chat & Contact forms available here.
New GoGrid Site
Before I dive into the items that make up this important feature and service release, I also want to point out that we have completely updated the GoGrid Product site.
We have revamped the look and feel and drastically updated the content and organization. The primary sections of the site are:
- Cloud Hosting – http://www.gogrid.com/cloud-hosting/
- Support – http://www.gogrid.com/support/
- Partners – http://www.gogrid.com/partners/
- About Us – http://www.gogrid.com/about/
- Sign Up - http://www.gogrid.com/signUp/
You will notice that many of the top navigation menus now have content within them.
For example, within the Cloud Hosting section, you will find the following subsections:
- What is GoGrid?
- NEW Case Studies
- Infrastructure Components
- Included Features
- Add-on Features
The Support Section contains Support and other Online Resources to make your GoGrid experience and education thereof even better.
The Partner section discusses the various Partner Programs available as well as shows the numerous GoGrid Exchange solutions that you can use to make your infrastructure within the GoGrid cloud even more robust.
The About section actually pulls in the latest GoGrid Blog posts as well as gives more details about the Company as a whole, upcoming Events/Webinars, Press Coverage and Press Releases and Careers at GoGrid (YES, we are HIRING!).
Lastly, you can Sign Up for GoGrid quickly and easily. All that you need is a Credit Card.
Be sure to take a quick look around the new product site. We are definitely pleased with how it turned out!
Upcoming GoGrid Webinar
Whether you are new to Cloud Computing, the GoGrid Cloud or an existing GoGrid user, we understand that with every release, you have questions. Well we have answers for you! To that end, we have set up a webinar for new GoGrid users.
If you are NEW to GoGrid, I recommend that you register and attend the “Complex Infrastructure Made Easy: Learn How You Can Leverage the GoGrid Cloud“:
- Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Time: 11:00 am PDT
- Learn about the enhanced offerings included in the GoGrid 3.0 release and how they can help your business.
- Understand how GoGrid’s robust partner ecosystem can help you leverage the GoGrid cloud.
- Discover how GoGrid customers are expanding their cloud environment with our partners and the GoGrid Exchange.
- Details & Registration: http://go.gogrid.com/event_29_june_2010
We definitely hope that you can attend the webinar. If you miss it, don’t worry as we will be posted it and others later. And we do plan on having more webinars in the future.
High-Level Overview of GoGrid 3.0 Features
As I mentioned in my “Sneak Peak” post there are several important items that make up this release, specifically:
- New East Coast Datacenter
- New GoGrid Node hardware
- New CPU and Hard Drive allocations
- Cloud-like Physical Server deployments
- GoGrid Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- More Actionable & Usable List view of GoGrid virtual & physical appliances and networks
- New Pre-Paid and volume-licensing pricing plans
- Robust Partner Ecosystem with the GoGrid Exchange & Partner Server Images (PGSIs)
- Physical & Virtual Hardware Firewalls
- Updated GoGrid API
- Edit Load Balancer API support
- Custom Server Images (MyGSIs)
- Dynamically Scalable Cloud Storage
Critical components of the GoGrid 3.0 launch include:
- New East Coast Datacenter – GoGrid has partnered with Equinix, Inc (Nasdaq: EQIX) in the expansion to a new datacenter in Ashburn, VA which allows for GoGrid to have multiple points of presence in the continental United States. The initial rollout will allow for the provisioning of cloud servers within the new datacenter and with new appliances being rolled out shortly thereafter.
- New GoGrid Node hardware – the new GoGrid East Coast datacenter has been outfitted with the latest Intel Nehalem chipset architecture which allows for 25-50% more CPU for select virtual servers. Cloud Servers now have equal CPU-to-RAM ratios which means better performance across the board.
- Virtual & Physical Server deployments – GoGrid sets the standard for “hybrid hosting” by allowing customers to deploy Cloud Servers and Dedicated Servers within the same infrastructure. The ability to mix and match virtual and physical appliances within the same environment enables never before seen flexibility that maintain cloud characteristics.
- Growing Partner Ecosystem – GoGrid continues to expand its rich and robust Partner ecosystem called the GoGrid Exchange with new and updated Partner Server Images (PGSIs). PGSIs provide a variety of software solutions deployed as software server images for common business challenges including: Software & Applications, Development & Testing, Disaster Recovery & Backup, Cloud Management, and Security, Monitoring & Reporting.
Press Release on GoGrid 3.0
Lastly, below is the GoGrid Press Release that came out today:
GoGrid Unveils Next Generation of Cloud Infrastructure Hosting Service
Market and Customer Demand Drives GoGrid 3.0
San Francisco, CA – June 29, 2010 – GoGrid, a leading Cloud Infrastructure and Hybrid Hosting Provider, today announced the release of GoGrid Version 3.0. GoGrid 3.0 is designed to extend the company’s leadership position as the most flexible, secure, easy-to-use, and feature-rich Cloud Infrastructure Hosting Solution available. The release includes a number of security and management features designed to enable GoGrid customers to create innovative and compelling infrastructure solutions for their business needs.
GoGrid has been on the leading edge of the cloud market helping company’s like Gomez utilize the power of cloud computing to transform our infrastructure,” said Colin Mason, Reality Load Product Manager of Gomez, the Web Performance Division of Compuware (NASDAQ: CPWR). “GoGrid delivers outstanding performance and flexibility as Cloud Infrastructure provider. With GoGrid 3.0′s features and new datacenter, we can further integrate the cloud into our business processes.”
GoGrid’s suite of features and services provide the Cloud Computing marketplace with a unique blend of compelling infrastructure solutions. The launch of 3.0 is an important step in realizing GoGrid’s vision of making complex infrastructures easier.
There are many features of GoGrid version 3.0 that will put more flexibility, control, and customizable computing power in the hands of customers. Some of these include:
• a new East Coast datacenter
• new CPU and hard drive allocations
• industry-leading pre-paid and volume licensing pricing plans and,
• physical and virtual hardware firewalls for enhanced security.
For a full list of new features please visit http://www.gogrid.com/software-update
GoGrid has continually brought to market pioneering services that help businesses of all sizes seize the tremendous opportunity of cloud hosting.” said GoGrid CEO & Co-Founder, John Keagy. “Our latest release is a significant step forward in our efforts to make complex infrastructure extremely easy in the GoGrid Cloud. From the new East Coast Datacenter to our unique hybrid hosting solution, GoGrid 3.0 epitomizes GoGrid’s mission to handle the infrastructure for clients, so they can focus on their business.”
GoGrid will be hosting a webinar for new comers to Cloud Computing and the GoGrid Cloud on June 29th at 11:00am PDT. To sign up for the webinar, please visit: http://go.gogrid.com/event_29_june_2010.
GoGrid makes complex infrastructure easy. GoGrid’s Cloud and Hybrid infrastructure hosting enables sysadmins, developers, and IT professionals to create, deploy, and control free f5 load balanced cloud infrastructures and complex hosted virtual server networks with full root access/administrative server control. GoGrid physical and virtual server instances maintain industry standard specifications with no requirement to learn proprietary standards. Deploying GoGrid infrastructure using a Standard or Partner Server Image takes minutes via a web control panel or GoGrid’s API. GoGrid gives users the control of a familiar datacenter environment with the flexibility and immediate scalability of the cloud.
For more information:
Product site: http://www.GoGrid.com
Pretty exciting stuff! If you have any questions about this new GoGrid release, please be sure to leave a comment on this post or contact one of our Sales Representatives.
And lastly, we want to introduce you to our new Unique Value Proposition: “Complex Infrastructure Made Easy™”.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013