Today art of defence and GoGrid announced the availability of the Industry’s first Distributed Web Application Firewall running within the GoGrid cloud. This is a cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) solution called hyperguard™ and can be easily and quickly deployed using a GoGrid Partner Server Image (GSI). By using a GoGrid Server Image running art of defence’s hyperguard SaaS, customers can be assured that they are receiving robust application-level protection beyond simply the network layer within their cloud environment.
By deploying the hyperguard-enabled GoGrid Server Image, GoGrid users simply have to configure their applications and their respective protection levels through hyperguard‘s web-base GUI which allows for comprehensive attack detection and protection at the Web Application layer. hyperguard SaaS basic (which is currently available on GoGrid for $39/mo/server plus associated GoGrid RAM/Bandwidth costs) offers web application security monitoring, detection-only and protection modes.
Hyperguard SaaS Standard dWAF provides the following key capabilities:
- Security monitoring at the application layer of attacks like SQL-injection, cross site scripting and OWASP Top10 for all applications delivered on the hyperguard web server GSI
- Comprehensive baseline protection against known attacks at the application layer – only if rule sets are run in protection mode
- Automated updates of baseline protection rule sets by art of defence – with testing capability for these new rule sets via detect-only mode
The GoGrid Server Image is available now through GoGrid:
The full press release is available online as well as below:
art of defence Expands Availability of Industry’s First Distributed WAF (dWAF) as a SaaS With GoGrid Partnership
Company Focused on Making Real Web Application Security Available for All Cloud Computing Needs
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwire – March 2, 2010) – Today, art of defence, the leading distributed web application firewall (dWAF) provider, announced the industry’s first cloud-based SaaS solution, hyperguard™ SaaS, is now available through the GoGrid Cloud. GoGrid customers can access hyperguard SaaS by simply deploying a GoGrid Partner Server Image (GSI) with hyperguard SaaS installed.
This announcement marks another step closer to reaching art of defence’s goal of providing universally accessible web application security to companies using cloud computing. By integrating a dWAF right into a virtual image and hosted as a SaaS, customers overcome the false sense of security created by traditional network perimeter security strategies which fail at the application level.
The first of several service levels to be rolled out, hyperguard SaaS Standard, offers users web application security monitoring, detection-only and protection modes. hyperguard’s SaaS delivery model allows customers the freedom to pay on a use-case basis and avoid having to invest in owning and maintaining a solution themselves. For a limited time, art of defence and GoGrid will offer a $100 GoGrid credit to test the service. Full details for the solution and the promotion can be found http://gogrid.artofdefence.com.
Key hyperguard SaaS Standard Facts
- Web application security monitoring enables customers to understand the risk and exposure of their cloud applications to known attacks at the application layer without hyperguard SaaS Standard interfering with web traffic.
- ‘Detection only mode’ allows rule-sets to be tested but not enforced, alongside with rule-sets in ‘protection mode’ that enforce already proven security policies.
- hyperguard SaaS Standard is ideally suited for GoGrid customers who want application-level protection beyond the network layer for their cloud offerings.
- For companies relying on the GoGrid Cloud for application overflow resources, hyperguard SaaS Standard defends users’ custom applications on the cloud.
- art of defence will be exhibiting at the RSA Conference, taking place March 1-5 in San Francisco, California
- For details and a free trial of hyperguard’s SaaS offerings, visit http://gogrid.artofdefence.com
- More information about hyperguard for the Cloud, read our white paper at http://www.artofdefence.com/dokumente/Cloud_AppSec_Whitepaper.pdf
- Read art of defence’s blog http://artofdefence.wordpress.com/
- Follow art of defence on Twitter at http://twitter.com/hyperguard
- GoGrid Exchange, visit http://exchange.gogrid.com
- “Use of cloud computing is on the rise as companies shift from testing services to beginning to rely on them for critical business applications and we’re excited to work with GoGrid who is at the forefront of providing these services,” said Georg Hess, founder and CEO, art of defence. “As the migration continues, web application security gets put under the microscope and traditional WAFs just don’t hold up to the rigors of fully virtualized environments. When we launched the world’s first distributed WAF, we targeted these challenges specifically and the uptake we’ve experienced in this approach shows we made the right decision.”
GoGrid, cloud, art of defence, hyperguard, WAF, web application, security
About art of defence
Founded in 2005, art of defence established its San Francisco-based North American headquarters in 2009. Focused exclusively on providing comprehensive web application security technology on any scale, art of defence’s distributed web application firewall (dWAF) technology, hyperguard™, is the industry’s first WAF SaaS offering. Available in many forms, hyperguard is the most flexible solution on the market today. Customers have access to the solution as a software plug-in, virtual appliance, hardware appliance or as a standalone software solution.
The company serves the financial services, eCommerce, technology, telecommunication and public sector markets exclusively through OEM/technology and reseller channel partners. art of defence partners with leading technology providers like GoGrid, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Zeus, GeNUA, and Armorize. Regensburg, Germany, remains the global headquarters for the European and Asian markets in addition to North America.
For more information about art of defence, visit: www.artofdefence.com/en.
GoGrid is the Global LEADER in Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure that delivers true “Control in the Cloud™.” GoGrid enables sysadmins, developers, IT professionals and SaaS vendors to create, deploy, and control free f5 load balanced cloud & dedicated servers and complex hosted virtual server networks with full root access/administrative server control which includes personal server images (known as MyGSIs). GoGrid server instances maintain industry standard specifications with no requirement to learn and adapt to proprietary standards. Deploying GoGrid infrastructure takes minutes via a unique, award winning web control panel or GoGrid’s API. GoGrid delivers portal controlled servers for Windows Server 2003/2008, SQL Server, and ASP.NET, as well as multiple Linux server operating systems like RHEL and CentOS. GoGrid gives users the control of a familiar datacenter environment with the flexibility and immediate scalability of the cloud, a “cloudcenter.”
To learn more, visit www.gogrid.com.
To view other GoGrid Partners, we recommend that you visit the GoGrid Exchange for a variety of Software & Application, Development & Test, Disaster Recovery & Backup, Cloud Management, and Security, Monitoring & Reporting solutions now available within the GoGrid Cloud.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013