Another GoGrid partner, CohesiveFT, has made 2 Partner GSIs available for GoGrid customers to use. VPN-Cubed is a overlay network which provides control of addressing, protocols, topology and encrypted communications for devices within the public cloud, specifically GoGrid. By utilizing a GoGrid VPN-Cubed server image, enterprise customers are ensured a greater control over their computing infrastructure and security therein.
Their offering, called VPN-Cubed, comes in two free versions currently on GoGrid (with a paid version coming soon):
- VPN-Cubed for GoGrid SSL Free Edition – Users launch one or two VPN-Cubed Manager GSI(s) and “plug” up to 10 server instances into the resulting encrypted network inside of GoGrid. Users can specify subnet address each connected instance and all communication between the connected devices and the Manager is encrypted.
- VPN-Cubed for GoGrid IPsec Free Edition – Users launch a single VPN-Cubed Manger/IPsec Gateway GSI and “plug” up to 5 server instances into the resulting encrypted network inside of GoGrid. In addition to subnet control and communication encryption inside of GoGrid, users can connect the overlay network to their existing in-house infrastructure via a secure IPsec Tunnel. There is support for a wide range of IPsec extranet devices.
These Partner Images are now available within GoGrid:
Through the use of VPN-Cubed, GoGrid users get:
- Static addressing for GoGrid infrastructure
- Topology control by using VPN-Cubed Managers as virtual switches, virtual bridges or virtual routers
- The use of popular enterprise protocols like UDP Multicast for service discovery
- Encrypted communications between all configured GoGrid infrastructure
- Encrypted communications between GoGrid and existing external infrastructure (IPsec version only)
Below is a video explanation of what VPN-Cubed can do for your Cloud Infrastructure:
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013