Today GoGrid officially launched a new micro-site called the GoGrid Exchange where users can view information about various Partner GSIs (GoGrid Server Images) available in the GoGrid cloud. Partner GSIs were developed to provide our partners with a means to share with or sell their custom MyGSIs (GoGrid Server Images) to interested users. These Partner GSIs come complete with pre-installed and pre-configured software or application stacks, specialized in a variety of expertise including:
- Internet Security
- Web Applications
- Application Scaling
- and MORE!
As more partners come on board at GoGrid, more specialized images will be added to the Partner GSI repository. Many are live now!
The GoGrid Exchange
The GoGrid Exchange was created to provide a community center where users could read about and rate the various Partner GSIs available on GoGrid. By using a PartnerGSI, you can dramatically reduce your time to market launching new software or service offerings or ensuring that your offering is robust and resilient.
The GoGrid Exchange is broken out into several sections:
- Exchange Home – the entry point of the Exchange which contains Featured Images as well as a Category drill-down
- Partner Server Images – a multi-page listing of current Partner GSIs available on GoGrid
- Exchange Partners – a listing of the current partners who have Partner GSIs available. You can drill down to more details on the company as well as view the images they have available.
- About the GoGrid Exchange – more information about the Exchange as well as how to join it
- Become a Partner – if you are interested becoming a partner, fill out the form on this page
The Exchange lists out various Featured Images which include a brief description of the software, application or service provided within the specific image. Images are also listed by Category:
These categories will grow over time to include many more Application or Service types.
You can get more information about any particular Partner by visiting the Exchange Partners section or Partner GSI by clicking on the More Info link within each Partner GSI blurb. For example, shown below is the BitNami Partner information page:
And drilling down a bit further, you can see the BitNami WordPress GSI (which I have actually used):
The Partner GSI give a Description of the Application or Service, Technical Notes, any Monthly Cost associated with using the image, More Information links and an Average Rating. Ratings are created by the end-users of the images. For example, I logged the following rating of the BitNami WordPress Stack:
To enter a review, simply fill out a short form and click on the stars to provide a rating:
We will continue to add content to this micro-site as partners or new images arrive. If you are interested in becoming a GoGrid partner, please visit the About the GoGrid Exchange page and fill out the form on the Become a Partner page. Please take some time to review it, and if you have used a particular image, be sure to write a review. If there is any additional content that you would like to see with the GoGrid Exchange, please leave a comment on this post. We hope you find it useful and informative!
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013