A few days ago, the GoGrid newsletter was delivered to our customers. As with the past newsletters, we want to be sure that all interested parties, whether you are a customer or not, are informed of our important updates. We have a wide variety of items that are covered in this November 2009 newsletter so be sure to read on. If you want to get these updates and others regularly, I encourage you to subscribe to the GoGrid RSS feed, follow us on Twitter (@GoGrid) and become a fan of us on the GoGrid Facebook Fanpage.
Below is the entire GoGrid Newsletter (November 2009):
We have some exciting developments to talk about in this edition of the GoGrid Newsletter. Here are the specific topics:
- GoGrid CDN (Content Delivery Network) powered by EdgeCast
- GoGrid Exchange
- New RAM Hour and Bandwidth price plans
- New Windows Server base images
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit, 4 GB RAM support
- Automatic Red Hat Network (RHN) entitlement
- StartUp SF
GoGrid CDN Powered by EdgeCast
GoGrid now offers content delivery in the cloud. Customers can accelerate the delivery of web content using our global infrastructure. The service includes pay-as-you-go pricing, no contracts or minimum usage commitments, and a global footprint with 16 Points of Presence (PoPs) on 4 continents.
Here is the standard pricing:
Transfer (includes delivery across North American, European, Asian and Australian PoPs):
- $0.25/GB for large file transfer, including progressive and software downloads, live and on demand Flash Media Streaming (FMS) and Windows Media Streaming (WMS)
- $0.30/GB for small file transfer, including Web site acceleration, ad delivery, images, CSS, Java Script, and HTML)
- Inbound/outbound transfer included
- API requests included (PUTS, GETS, LIST, and COPY)
We are also holding a Webinar for GoGrid CDN. Registration information is below. Space is limited so be sure to reserve your seat now.
GoGrid CDN Webinar
Reserve your seat: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/594788105
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2009
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST
The GoGrid Exchange allows our partners to share or sell a PartnerGSI to the GoGrid community. A PartnerGSI is a GSI (GoGrid Server Image) with the partner’s software preinstalled and preconfigured. Many of our partners specialize in internet security, server backup, monitoring, and application scaling services, and via the GoGrid Exchange we are able to provide Server Images with the partner software, ready for your use. A PartnerGSI can be deployed to a virtual server by using the Image Selection widget in the GoGrid portal.
There are four partners going live in mid-November:
- Gigaspaces – Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering for Java and .NET.
- Bitnami – Run your favorite apps in the cloud…Alfresco, Joomla!, Drupal, Redmine, and more.
- Sourcefire – Snort-based intrusion prevention.
- Mailsite – Email and calendar server software for small businesses.
New partners will be rolled out bi-weekly. If you are interested in becoming a GoGrid partner or want to learn more about the GoGrid Exchange please contact:
- Business Development Manager, Paul Lancaster: plancaster AT GoGrid.com
- Product Marketing Manager, Kole Hicks: kole AT GoGrid.com
A list of all partners participating in the GoGrid Exchange is located on the GoGrid Community Page.
New RAM Hour and Bandwidth Price Plans
If you are currently on a pre-paid price plan or if you plan to use GoGrid consistently, you should review our new pricing. The new pre-paid plans now include more RAM Hours and Transfer at a lower cost. In addition, we are introducing larger RAM Hour and Transfer plans for our heavy usage customers. The new plans can be viewed on the Pre-Paid Cloud Hosting Plans page.
Upgrading to a new plan is simple:
- Login to the GoGrid Portal
- Click “My Account”
- Click “Billing”
- Select a plan and confirm
In addition, we now offer annual pre-paid plans, which cut 33% off your annual hosting costs. For more information, please contact the GoGrid Billing Team or your GoGrid Account Manager.
New Windows Server Base Images
Our Windows Server base images have been updated. Base images are standard operating systems with no pre-installed applications. The new/updated base images are:
- Windows Server 2008 SP 2 – R2 32-bit image
- Windows Server 2008 SP 2 – R2 64 bit image
- Windows Server 2003 SP 2 – R1 32 bit image
- Windows Server 2003 SP 2 – R1 64 bit image
Windows Server 2003 32 bit, 4 GB RAM support
Windows Server 2003 32 bit base images now support 4 GB RAM. Note though that Windows 2003 32 bit images with pre-installed applications do not yet support the larger RAM allotments. If you have questions about 4 GB RAM support on Windows Server 2003 32-bit images please submit a case via the GoGrid portal or call our support team.
StartUp SF, a GoGrid sponsored event, is a regular technology meetup in San Francisco designed to help young businesses become more successful. Each meetup has a format crafted to stimulate, engage and network in a social learning environment and features a guest speaker who talks about expert subject matter and how it relates to helping startups. Also, successful companies showcase their products and services in an interactive manner with product demos occurring throughout the event.
The next StartUp SF is: Wednesday, December 2nd
For more information please visit www.startupsf.com . Our Evangelist Michael Sheehan, who organizes the event, can answer any questions you may have. Please contact him at Michael AT GoGrid.com
Become a Fan of GoGrid on the Facebook Fan page!
If you have pictures of your hundreds of GoGrid servers or photos from an event where you saw GoGrid in action or met with some of our employees, we encourage you to post them to the Fan Page:
As always, you can find more information about GoGrid at:
GoGrid Product Site – http://www.gogrid.com
GoGrid Blog – http://blog.gogrid.com
GoGrid Wiki – http://wiki.gogrid.com
GoGrid Forums – http://forums.gogrid.com
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
Mario AT GoGrid.com
This email was sent out by our VP of Products, Mario Olivarez.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013