Tomorrow, strategic partner Stratonomic and GoGrid will be hosting a webinar where you can learn how you can enable the lowest cost Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions in the cloud (specifically the GoGrid cloud). Disaster Recovery is often either ignored because of high-cost concerns or the complicated nature of it. Doing it yourself can be extremely time consuming, difficult and frequently, customers don’t even know where to begin.
I particularly like how Stratonomic phrases it on their site:
(COST) EFFECTIVE FAULT TOLERANCE: Can your disaster recovery (DR) site handle all of your traffic, securely and reliably? Do you even have a DR site? Setting up and maintaining DR site in the cloud is not only extremely cheap, but it will let you sleep soundly at night. How cheap? Save 75% in your OPEX, and over 90% in CAPEX compared to building out and hosting your own DR site. We like to call it DR on a dime.
Luckily, the Cloud offers a great solution for DR, and Stratonomic has created many various Disaster Recovery solutions within the GoGrid cloud that will fit most IT organization’s needs, all starting as low as $349 per month.
The webinar information is as follows:
Date: Tuesday, August 25th, 2009
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:45 AM (Pacific Time)
Registration: Online Registration form located here
More information about the GoGrid/Stratonomic strategic partnership can be found in this press release as well as on the GoGrid site. There are a variety of turnkey services that this partnership provides, including:
- Secondary data center location
- Database replication
- File system synchronization
- Dynamic DNS failover
- Global load balancing across primary and secondary sites
- Monthly verification test
- Monthly verification test report
- Verification server(s)
- 24 hour alert notification to your Web/IT team in the event of a disaster
- Primary site monitoring from 2 separate locations
We hope that you can attend this important Disaster Recovery solution webinar.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013