Last week, CloudWorld09 Expo took place in San Francisco and GoGrid‘s CEO, John Keagy, did a presentation titled “How To Get Started in the Cloud” to a fully packed room in one of the sessions at the Expo.
The speaker abstract was as follows:
The Cloud Computing phenomenon is happening NOW – it’s a reality and can provide more flexibility for your web hosting – faster, easier and at a lower cost. Companies do not need to own their own server hardware or network infrastructure anymore. The ease of scaling up or out when the need arises, the speed which new web applications can be designed, prototyped, tested, and deployed, and the inherent cost savings (CapEx to OpEx) are truly attractive. Cloud Computing is not just a buzz term we are hearing more and more, but the next wave of hosting infrastructure. As the Cloud continues to gain acceptance, developers, designers, sysadmins and IT professionals need to understand the advantages, best practices and how to get started using Cloud Computing.
In this session, John Keagy, founder and CEO of GoGrid discussed:
- What is Cloud Computing – The Cloud Pyramid
- The Benefits of Cloud Computing & Hybrid Hosting
- What can Cloud Computing do for me and my business
- The Competitive Landscape & Key Differentiators
- Cost Savings of Cloud Computing – pay only for what you need
- How to determine when to utilize Cloud Computing
- How should you get started using the Cloud?
- How to identify what to put in the cloud first
The presentation is available below as well as on SlideShare.
If you have any questions about the content presented, please feel free to leave a comment.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013