CloudWorld Expo 2009 kicks off this week in San Francisco, and GoGrid is an exhibitor. Come visit us at booth #525 and see first hand our exciting new release of GoGrid 2.0 (which you can read about here). This show was previously known as LinuxWorld. Last year, we (GoGrid) won Best of Show and the year before that, our parent company, ServePath, won the Best Grid Solution Product Excellence Award.
We will be giving out high-value credits ($100 and up) for GoGrid at the booth so you are encouraged to drop by and meet with us. Do note that the Exhibit Hall is only open between the following hours:
Wednesday August 12, 2009
12:00 PM 1:15 PM
4:30 PM 6:30 PM
Thursday August 13, 2009
12:00 PM 1:15 PM
4:00 PM 6:00 PM
However, we will be at the booth during the various speaking times so if you do not want to hear a speaker, stick around after the Expo Hall “closes” for more personal time with us.
Also, GoGrid CEO and Co-Founder, John Keagy, will be presenting “How To Get Started in the Cloud” which is on Wednesday, August 12th from 2:00-2:45pm. (Note: John’s presentation is under the Cloud Platform section but GoGrid is Cloud Infrastructure.)
Here is the abstract from John’s presentation:
The Cloud Computing phenomenon is happening NOW – it’s a reality and can provide more flexibility for your web hosting – faster, easier and at a lower cost. Companies do not need to own their own server hardware or network infrastructure anymore. The ease of scaling up or out when the need arises, the speed which new web applications can be designed, prototyped, tested, and deployed, and the inherent cost savings (CapEx to OpEx) are truly attractive. Cloud Computing is not just a buzz term we are hearing more and more, but the next wave of hosting infrastructure. As the Cloud continues to gain acceptance, developers, designers, sysadmins and IT professionals need to understand the advantages, best practices and how to get started using Cloud Computing.
In this session, John Keagy, founder and CEO of GoGrid will discuss:
- What is Cloud Computing – The Cloud Pyramid
- The Benefits of Cloud Computing & Hybrid Hosting
- What can Cloud Computing do for me and my business
- The Competitive Landscape & Key Differentiators
- Cost Savings of Cloud Computing – pay only for what you need
- How to determine when to utilize Cloud Computing
- How should you get started using the Cloud?
- How to identify what to put in the cloud first
We hope to see you at CloudWorld!
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013