C|net and Webware have announced their list of user-submitted nominations for the 2009 Webware 100. Of the numerous nominations, GoGrid was then later selected by the Webware editors as one of the final 100 in the list. This is a “People’s Choice” type of award around the best Web 2.0 applications and services. More information about the Webware 100 can be found here.
To jump right to the voting for GoGrid, under the Infrastructure & Storage category, please click here or click the logo below.
There are 10 categories that users can vote on, as well as an 11th category where the Webware editors select an additional winner. The categories are:
- Audio and music: Music streaming and download, podcasting, audio book services, recommendation systems.
- Browsing: Tools to access online content, including browsers, start pages, RSS readers, widgets, and runtime engines
- Commerce: Retail, auctions, marketplaces, travel, event tickets, and real estate
- Communications: E-mail, chat, voice
- Infrastructure and storage: Web app platforms and tools; online storage and synchronization products
- Location-based services: Mapping, friend finders, business locators, geographic services (new category for 2009)
- Photo and video: Photo storage, sharing, and editing; video storage, playback, streaming, editing, and animation
- Productivity: Tools for work and organization
- Search and reference: Data and ways to find it; search tools and knowledge repositories like wikis
- Social and publishing: Social networking, shared online environments, content management, blogging, and micro-blogging
- Editors’ awards: To be announced, but these will include awards for up-and-coming products, design, innovative use of technology, and so on.
GoGrid was nominated under the “Infrastructure and storage” category and we couldn’t be happier. We have been providing Infrastructure “in the Cloud” since our launch at the beginning of 2008. Others have already “seen the light” as evidenced by our Linux World 2008 Product Excellence Award of “BEST OF SHOW.”