Many GoGrid users may have noticed a new tab that has appeared within the GoGrid Web Interface. The new "Jobs" tab is a great new addition for those who want details on any action or activity that has taken place on an object (e.g., Server, Load Balancer, Cloud Storage) within their GoGrid account.
Think of this new section as your GoGrid log file. It keeps track of actions that you have made on objects in your account, broken down chronologically. In fact, since we have been keeping an internal log for some time, many of your older activities prior to the release of this feature will show up in your log. Also, if you use the GoGrid API, any requests made through the API show up in the Job section as well.
GoGrid actions that are currently tracked are:
- Add Server
- Delete Server
- Restart Server
- Add Load Balancer
- Delete Load Balancer
- Add Cloud Storage
All actions are also logged with the following information:
- Date & Time (UTC timestamp – a good time converter can be found here)
- Action Details
- Action Status
- User that requested the action
Job History List
The Job list contains all of the actions that have taken place on your GoGrid account. The icons represent both the Action and the Object and are followed by a brief name of the event. Date, action Status and User that requested the action follow that.
The power is in the details. You can drill down each object action to see greater detail on what transpired. Shown below are: Create Server, Start Server, Create Load Balancer and Create Cloud Storage. You always have full insight into who requested the action and what state the object is in. Current states include:
- Created: The time and date the job request was made.
- Queued: The time and date the job was received.
- Processing: The time and date the job began processing.
- Succeeded:The time and date the job was completed.
- Fatal: The time and date the job became fatal (if applicable). This means the job failed and could not be executed to completion.
- Canceled: The time and date the job was canceled by the system (if applicable).
- Failed: The time and date the job failed (if applicable). This may occur multiple times as a job can fail and then be queued again before succeeding or becoming fatal.
If you need to search for a particular object quickly, you can use the Search Box.
To quickly drill down to a specific action on a specific object, or to constrain your search by a date range, use the Advanced Search.
We would love to hear what you think about this feature. It’s a great way to keep track of you and other users in your account and what they have been doing with GoGrid. As always, we hope you like it!
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013