Last week I had the pleasure of joining Peter Silva (Technical Marketing Manager at f5) and Telemachus Luu (Director of Business Strategy at GoGrid/ServePath) in a podcast hosted by f5 on their DevCentral community site. The topic of the podcast was “Cloud Computing” (of course) but specifically how using f5 technology, ServePath and GoGrid were able to create a full spectrum of hosting solutions ranging from Dedicated and Managed Hosting (ServePath) and Colocation hosting(ColoServe), up and into the Clouds with GoGrid.
The podcast titled “Hosting in the Cloud with ServePath and F5” covers a variety of topics including:
- ServePath’s product extension from managed hosting to cloud hosting with GoGrid
- The “Cloud Pyramid” and distinctions within the various Cloud layers
- Understanding the nuances within the Cloud Infrastructure layer: “Infrastructure Web Services” & “Cloudcenters”
- How f5 was paramount in creating a Cloud Computing Infrastructure offering
I encourage you to listen to this 30 minute podcast (forgive the audio quality, we were in an empty conference room) which is available at the following locations:
If you have any questions about the items discussed within this podcast, please feel free to leave a comment to this post.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013