If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area tomorrow (April 30th) we hope that you can attend StartUp SF, a meetup designed to help you “kickstart your startup.”
Speaker and Demo tables
Jonathan Cobb – Founder/CTO of Kiptronic (http://www.kiptronic.com)
Topic – “Genesis of a Startup: from Concept to Company”
- Early Validation — Before you start in earnest, you might wonder — What makes a good idea? Is yours worth pursuing? How do you size your opportunity?
- Covering the Basics — A handful of best-practices recommendations for general company administration: corporate formation, capital structure, legal, accounting, etc.
- Building the Core Team — How do you attract talent at this very early stage? What kinds of players will you need pre-funding? Post-funding?
- Market Validation — How do you execute to prove you have a winning idea? What milestones make sense for your business?
- Fund Raising — When should you raise money? Who should be your target funding sources? How much should you raise? What are common investment terms?
Every attendee will receive:
- $100 GoGrid service credit which enables you to deploy, scale and load balance server networks instantaneously – More info about GoGrid
- Orrick’s Startup Kit CD which includes legal documents critical to every startup Venture – More info about Orrick
When: April 30th, 2008 from 6pm to 9pm
Where: Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, 405 Howard St, SF at the 8th Floor Cafe
Who: Technologists, Entrepreneurs, Startups, Web 2.0-ers (over 21 years of age)
Bring: Business cards, elevator pitch, curiosity, legal dilemmas and hosting needs
Cost: $10 in advance / $20 at the door (all proceeds go to charity)
Register at: http://startupsf0408.eventbrite.com/
Hope to see you there!
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013