ServePath, the people who bring you GoGrid, is pleased to announce the latest and greatest meetup in the San Francisco Bay Area: StartUp SF. As regular attendees of meetups around the Bay Area, we have experienced first-hand what we think works and what people are looking for, so we have partnered with Orrick to bring you a new technology meetup, specifically designed to help “kickstart your startup!”
The format for this meetup is simple. Socialize, hear how other successful companies got that way, see demos of products, meet with venture capitalists, and generally have a good time.
You and your technology friends are cordially invited to inaugurate the StartUp SF Meetup on Wednesday April 30th, 6 to 9PM at the spectacular offices of Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, 405 Howard Street, San Francisco.
Speaker and Demo Table details:
Jonathan Cobb – Founder/CTO of Kiptronic (http://www.kiptronic.com)
Topic – “Genesis of a Startup: from Concept to Company”
- Early Validation — Before you start in earnest, you might wonder — What makes a good idea? Is yours worth pursuing? How do you size your opportunity?
- Covering the Basics — A handful of best-practices recommendations for general company administration: corporate formation, capital structure, legal, accounting, etc.
- Building the Core Team — How do you attract talent at this very early stage? What kinds of players will you need pre-funding? Post-funding?
- Market Validation — How do you execute to prove you have a winning idea? What milestones make sense for your business?
- Fund Raising — When should you raise money? Who should be your target funding sources? How much should you raise? What are common investment terms?
About Kiptronic – “Kiptronic provides a software-as-service platform as a comprehensive solution for publishers of video and audio content. Our Media Services Platform allows our customers to dynamically deliver ads with their content, extending their reach to any device, with support for leading hosting platforms and formats. We support audio and video delivered both online, such as in a website video player, or offline to any downloadable media device.”
MotivePath - Robert Ficcaglia – Founder (http://www.motivepath.com)
About MotivePath – MotivePath®, Inc. provides a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution to help marketers and advertisers quickly and easily reach highly targeted audiences for their product and service messages. The MotivePath technology platform empowers Everywhere Media™, and features a SaaS service core capable of serving targeted ad units and creative interactive content across web, social networks, mobile, video, and even connects to offline media such as print, outdoor and screen media. It features content management for tailoring content for different media types and channels, reporting, predictive models and analysis. It provides full campaign management, ROI measurement, scenario analysis, and Key Performance Indicators. In addition, the MotivePath open service platform enables clients and partners to integrate directly with MotivePath technology, resulting in the availability of best of breed solutions through the MotivePath partner program.
Triggit - Susan Coelius Keplinger – COO (http://www.triggit.com)
About Triggit - Triggit makes it quick and easy for web publishers to monetize their sites with advertising. Using a cross platform web application, publishers can now drag and drop ad units directly into their pages, optimize efficacy and track the results. Triggit takes the pain out of monetization.
Askpedia - Yong Su Kim (http://www.askpedia.com)
About Askpedia – Askpedia is an online knowledge marketplace for Questions and Answers. Users post questions with optional financial rewards for best answers. Others answer questions to earn rewards and establish their reputation within the community. All questions and answers, as well as users, are tagged and indexed with tags and location information to enable content and location based discovery. Askpedia also utilizes personalization technologies to match Q&A and experts to users based on interest and knowledge profiles.
More about the event
StartUp SF brings together technologists, entrepreneurs, technologies, services and solutions to meet, learn, socialize and network to success and monetization. We hope that you will join us for a fun professional evening. EACH MEETUP DONATES ALL TICKET PROCEEDS TO A DIFFERENT CHARITY. This inaugural event will be donating to Habitat for Humanity.
At the event, you will hear some tips and tricks from a successful startup, find a good crowd, demos of some thought-provoking leading-edge products and drinks and light snacks.
You will leave better connected and educated AND with the following gifts from us:
- $100 GoGrid service credit which enables you to deploy, scale and load balance server networks instantaneously – More info about GoGrid
- Orrick’s Startup Kit CD which includes legal documents critical to every startup Venture – More info about Orrick
Please join us for StartUp SF and tell your friends about it.
When: Wednesday April 30th 6 – 9PM
Where: Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe, 405 Howard St. San Francisco at the 8th Floor Cafe
What: StartUp SF Meetup, networking, knowledge, friends and schwag to kick start your startup.
Who: Technologists, Entrepreneurs and interested folks who are over 21 years of age
Bring: Business cards, elevator pitch, curiosity, legal dilemmas and server needs
How Much: $10 in advance / $20 at the door (all proceeds go to charity)
Bring yourself and your technology friends to meet like-minded, future-looking folks who may become your next colleague, customer, vendor or competitor.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- Get Your Game On in the Cloud - June 11, 2013
- How Software Defined Networking Delivers Next-Generation Success - June 5, 2013
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013