Our second round of new GoGrid templates have been released today, bringing some great new functionality: Ruby-on-Rails and Facebook! As mentioned previously, we are rapidly compiling and releasing new server OS templates with pre-configured useful application sets.
Today we released the following 3 new templates:
- CentOS 4.4 (32-bit) – Facebook-ready
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit) – Facebook-ready
- CentOS 4.5 (32-bit) with Ruby on Rails
We have some other templates queued up for release early next week:
- Windows 2003 Server (32-bit) – Facebook-ready
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit) with Ruby on Rails
Next week we will be explaining what exactly we mean by “Facebook-ready” and “Facebook Accelerators” but essentially, if are a Facebook developer and have an application that you want to quickly get on the Facebook network, just get a Facebook-enabled GoGrid server. These servers come pre-configured in order get your application in front of Facebook users with little configuration. While you have been suffering through the application development part, we have been taking all of the pain out of the hosting part! More later about Facebook.
We have made a few changes to the GoGrid website as well including a quick comparison between GoGrid, Dedicated Hosting and Amazon’s EC2. But don’t just take our word for it, give GoGrid a try by signing up for a Trial (Pay-as-you-go) account.
Latest posts by Michael Sheehan (see all)
- James Gosling to Speak on Innovation at GoGrid Cloud Meetup on 5/22 - May 16, 2013
- Advertising in the Cloud - May 2, 2013
- How To Enable & Manage the New, Free GoGrid Firewall Service - May 1, 2013